CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Seasickness....


A conversation between me and my little bro, well, not toO little, he's 19 already...

Angah (me): How's sailing?
Adek: Gile fun! We travelled around 25km from Teluk Batik

Angah: tak seasick ke? jauh tu...
Adek: Almost la...but the excitement surpass everything. But most of my friends vomit la, coz the waves were big in d middle of the ocean...How's kayak? 

Angah: Great! But...hehehe, seasick during kayaking is unavoidable. 

Adek: Pehh..agak da...HAHAHA

Yup, that is what I really need, a big laugh from my little brother (-_-)'..grrrrr... But, I'm proud of you adek! Sailing isn't easy and you manage to complete the journey. May you'll get to experience lots of other wonderful things in your life...amin...

What I want to write is about seasickness. Frankly, seasickness didn’t really come across my mind until we were in the middle of the sea…Alhamdulillah, my partner is our instructor named Pak Itam and he is super duper awesome! Alhamdulillah… I wasn’t asked to be grouped with other boys or else…I think I’m gonna choke myself to death due to embarrassment!!! But Allah always knows the best for His servant and He knows our capability…Alhamdulillah ya Allah…

What happen was I got seasickness in the middle of the sea… I started to feel nausea and everything in my stomach seems jumping up and down waiting for the exit. Pak Itam realized this and he patted my back forcing me to v_m_t coz there’s no other way I’m feeling better other than this…The worst part was, I have to do it inside of the kayak as the kayak might turn up side down if I do it another way…Yup, I know what you’re thinking…

I felt so terrible but I want to continue the next activity which is standing on kayak but Pak Itam prevented me. He brought me to the jetty and asked me to relax. Thanks Pak Itam! Love you lah! J Still, I’ve to ride back to our camp site and my thoughts were filled with the bitter experience I gone through earlier..Oh no…:(

Another instructor approached me and reminded me to eat as little as possible and he said that it depends on our spirit to fight seasickness. Yup, .:SPIRIT:.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjgAdLOADPer4O3va7Jrp6-jU-VWYFErbmmdlpVxZM12j3NhWKVsh1mcLx9fjV_YVUAdkDk97m7WgKA3iFuHYlzLKbX9VlZ61RLGnXstehp6lfpdW74LthKEN4XaI2cq-tPIsOLng9yC8Q5/s320/kayaking.jpg
exhausting but awesame experience 
Then, I click a refresh button in my memory and install a new order. Mr. Brain, do not get seasick! You can do this! You are way better than this, a slight rocking wouldn’t get you down…then I started the journey with Bismillahirrahmanirrahim…

The weather were bad on our way back as the wind were strong and I felt the kayak were rocking so much that the nausea felt even worse! I almost give up and thinking of putting down the paddle and ride the rescuing boat. But there’s something prevented me from doing so, which is..WHO I’M GOING TO BE IN THE FUTURE
Yes, that’s it. I am going to be a TEACHER and the rides I’m going to go through in the future are way challenging than this. I talk to myself that I got to reach the sea shore by my own strength and spirit no matter what happen because later on, my students will be counting on me to lead the direction of their journey…
With new mind set and spirit, I ignore the dizziness and look straight at the sea shore as if I’m going to win 1 million dollars once I reach there. Another thing that encourages me to finish is the kalimah ‘lailahaillallah’- there’s no other God other than Allah and I hold on to this kalimah. No matter how hard the situation is and no matter whatever thing we face, only He knows the best, and only He is the source of our strength, With this, I get my spirit back and paddled to the seashore. Although I still feel like sitting on a swing once I'm on shore, Alhamdulillah, I manage to do it...:) 

So, now I want to share a little bit info about seasickness:

According to Wikipedia, Seasickness is a form of motion sickness characterized by a feeling of nausea and, in extreme cases,vertigo, experienced after spending time on a craft on water. It is typically brought on by the rocking motion of the craft. Some people are particularly vulnerable to the condition with minor stimulus, while others are relatively immune, or become immune through exposure.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg4UJYdc3VNAw9klx0f4sZL5rFP-0KSO1iZZk8GK_1heM6bF6IIaADxTTeofBsocsJMpwzymnYX7QHzL7BngEoasDhOYmd0lh3kO7__GjP0-No0-3nSvBRoCGWco3ubWmEPknrAR9cY0dIb/s200/istockphoto_2227500-dizzy-swan.jpg
even a duck experience seasickness :p
So what can we do to avoid seasickness:

Sucking on crystallized ginger, sipping ginger tea or taking a capsule of ginger
Keeping  eyes directed to the fixed shore or horizon, where possible
Smell sour fruits like orange
Breath in fresh air and keep mind occupied  

No comments:

Post a Comment